Today, enterprises need highly effective software testing practices to ensure that their application meets stakeholder expectations and fulfills all validation and compliance requirements in a cost-effective manner. However, there is no one-size-fits-all model as different scenarios call for different strategies. Find out which strategy best meets your needs and can help your business grow.
- In-house Practice
In this model, there’s a separate department in the organization to conduct the software testing process. The testing is carried out by a team of employees and independent contractors led by experienced in-house testing practitioners.
- Each testing request is evaluated on the basis of merit and adequate resource is allocated to carry out the testing
- The organization keeps possession of its intellectual property
- Hybrid Strategy
In this strategy, the organization, in addition to engaging the software testing services of the in-house team, also outsources a part of the operation to vendors.
- Particularly suitable when the testing needs exceed the capacity or capability of the in-house team
- A good choice when the company adopts a new technology
- Testing experts can be engaged promptly without hiring any new resources
- Distributed Approach
In this approach, the organization engages independent contractors or vendors to carry out the software testing but retains managerial control. The responsibility for testing lies with the business unit that asked for the software.
- A good strategy for business-led User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Suitable for simple software and short-term engagements
- Outsource Model
In this model, testing is carried out exclusively by a third-party vendor or contractor with the in-house team simply overseeing the process.
- It’s a cost-effective model as vendors offer their services at a competitive price
- No need to recruit people to run the tests
- Small/Medium Business Model
Small/Medium businesses(SMB) use the software testing strategies mentioned above, though on a much smaller scale. They also want more flexible contractual terms. As SMBs have to operate on smaller budgets, instead of recruiting testing experts, they can go for on-demand software testers and engage the services of outsourced companies that provide the best value for money.
- It’s a cost-effective strategy
- It’s more flexible
- Crowd Source Testing
This model has gained popularity in recent years. In this model, testing is carried out by different testers in various parts of the world. Businesses can contact a community of testers via a cloud platform to run the tests. There are also companies that offer such crowd-sourced software testing services.
- Good for usability testing to gauge whether people residing in different parts of the globe can enjoy similar flawless experience
- Suitable for public facing softwares
The right software testing strategy will enhance your brand’s credibility by detecting errors before release, preventing defects, and decreasing the time-to-market for your applications at a significantly reduced cost. We, at 3i Infotech, can assist you in creating such a robust and winning strategy. We use a blend of key differentiators like domain expertise, test solution accelerators, state-of-the-art labs, and high process maturity to offer a range of world-class software testing services across industry verticals.